Back to SBCC

Student Employment


All students – Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 units for the semester.

International students – Must be currently enrolled in as least 12 units; must have completed at least 1 semester at SBCC; and must be in good standing (2.0 GPA) with the ISSP office. International students are not eligible for Federal Work Study jobs.

For Federal Work Study jobs – Must have completed the Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA) and received notification of award.  If uncertain about qualifying, visit the Financial Aid Office, Student Services Building, 2nd Floor, Room SS-210.

Finding a Job:

Each department conducts their own interviews and makes their own selection decisions. Approach each department and ask if they are seeking student workers.

Some campus jobs are posted on The Job Connection – SBCC’s Online Jobs Listing.  You can access The Job Connection through your campus pipeline account.  For assistance with The Job Connection, stop by the Schall Career Center, Student Services Building, 2nd Floor, Room SS 282.

Paperwork requirements:

All student workers must complete an employment packet in the Human Resources office (SS-230). This office is open Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-4:30pm and Friday, 8am-1pm.

All student workers are required to provide verification of identity and proof of right to work in this country.  The preferred documents are current Drivers License and original Social Security card or unexpired Passport. 

International student workers must go to the Human Resources office (SS-230) to obtain authorization from the International Student Services Office and obtain a Social Security card application.  You will need your Passport and I-20.

Please see full list of acceptable documents.

New Hire - Student Employee

All new student employees will need to bring in acceptable documents to fulfill the Federal I-9 requirement before they begin Human Resource’s new hire paperwork.

  1. Once a student has been offered a position by a department, the student will visit the Human Resource’s (HR) office to fill out the new hire paperwork.
  2. The department can simultaneously create an EPAF for their prospective employee.
  3. The student applicant must turn in the completed new hire paperwork to HR in order to receive the TB Certificate of Completion form. *Student employees employed with Orfalea, A-ok, and Security will receive a LiveScan form as well. In most cases, LiveScan results are submitted to HR within 3-5 business days; however, due to various reasons, results can be delayed. All Live Scan and TB Exam fees from designated locations will be charged to the District.
  4. Once HR receives all necessary documents, HR can proceed with the approval of an EPAF.
  5. Employee and supervisor will receive an auto-generated email once the EPAF is complete.

Rehire – Student Employee

EPAFs for rehires can be created at any time because the applicant has an existing K#.

  1. EPAFs will be approved once HR verifies hire paperwork is up-to date.
  2. Employee and supervisor will be notified if applicant needs to complete any forms.
  3. Employee and supervisor will receive an auto-generated email once the EPAF is complete.
    *Additional TB results are not necessary for rehires. LiveScan results may be necessary if the student employee transfers to Orfalea, A-ok, or Security from another department. All Live Scan and TB Exam fees from designated locations will be charged to the District.

Career Center

Santa Barbara City College's Job Connection Schall Career Center has information about student jobs on campus, internships, as well as jobs and volunteer opportunities in the community.





Back to top Back to top

721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394    Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581    © 2018 Santa Barbara City College