The Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC) arises from two legal mandates. The first mandate, California Education Code, Section 87151 (Allocation of Funds for Professional Development), requires an advisory committee of “administrators, faculty, staff representatives” and is required to be eligible to receive professional development funding from the Chancellor’s Office. This section will soon be updated by AB-2558.
The second, California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Division 6, Chapter 6, Subchapter 8, Article 2, Section § 55730 (Flexible Calendar Program), requires an advisory Committee of “faculty, students, administrators and other interested persons.”
The committee was formed in Fall 2014 under the direction of the College Planning Council (CPC).
|Name||Role and/ or Position|
|Robert Brown||Classified Subcommittee of PDAC|
|Liz Auchincloss||Classified Staff Representative|
|Patricia Stark||President, Academic Senate|
|Jeanette Chian||Manager (School of Extended Learning)|
|Luis Giraldo||Director of Equity, Diversity and Cultural Competency|
|Monalisa Hasson||Vice-President, Human Resources|
|Elizabeth Imhof||Coordinator, Faculty Professional Development|
|Kenley Neufeld||Dean, Education Programs (Committee Chair)|
|Luz Reyes-Martin||Director of Communications|
|Vacant||Classified Staff Representative|
|Jesse Valentine-Felix||Classified Staff Representative|
|Laurie Vasquez||Academic Senate Liaison, Faculty Professional Development|
Based upon the language in Education Code and Title 5, the committee shall:
- Conduct and annually update a survey of the most critical staff, student, and instructional improvement needs in the district.
- Create and annually update the Professional Development Plan (aka - campus human development
resources plan) that includes the following items:
- The results of the survey identified above.
- Plan for developing and carrying out activities to address the identified critical needs.
- A report of actual expenditures (from the previous year).
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of conducted activities and update the plan to reflect needed changes.
- Schedule of meetings for Advisory Committee
- Align plan with District strategic goals and Educational Master Plan *
- Maintain records on the description, type and number of activities scheduled and the number of district employees and students participating in these activities.
- Review and recommend use of State funded professional development allocation to CPC. *
- Collaborate with the Faculty Professional Development Committee. *
- Plan and implement bi-annual All Campus Kickoff
* not specified in code or legislation